Why does install fail with an error message or lock up my computer?
Many setup failures are caused by bad downloads or bad DVD-Rs. Many of these problems
can be avoided by burning the DVD at the slowest speed possible.
- Use a CRC utility and make
sure the checksum for the file you downloaded is the same as the checksum listed
on the download page
- Make sure the checksum for the DVD-R you burnt is the same
as the checksum listed on the download page
- Burn the disk image to a higher
- Burn the disk image at the lowest available speed (1X or 2X recommended)
Microsoft is continuing to investigate this problem.
If your problem is not related to a bad DVD-R burn, also try the following:
- Unplug any non-essential hardware from your computer, especially USB devices